Franek Technologies is working with various labs to provide battery backup systems also known as uninterruptible power supplies, for the Covid-19 testing. Franek Technologies is part of the “essential business” and continues to give support to the labs. Geri Miller, Franek president stated “We realize how important our business is to helping with the Covid-19 testing”, “Franek is doing our part by keeping our employees safe. I have sent home more than 75% of our workforce home. They all remote in and still work and get paid”.
Benefits of Franek Backup Power For lab testing
Franek Technologies provides all in one power protection systems that include seamless automatic backup power. Its systems actively clean up power inconsistencies in voltage, frequency, and sinewave shape. This is extremely important when using a generator as the primary power source as generator power is notorious for damaging electronics with inconsistent frequency variations. Franek Technologies UPS systems also come into play when power is completely lost, as backup power is already online and synchronized, so there is not even a momentary loss of power experienced by the protected devices similar to how a dual power supply system works for a computer server only on a much larger scale.
Mobile Testing and Backup Power Systems
Due to the recent increase in the need for mobile or temporary labs close to potential outbreak sites, Franek Technologies systems are used with generators to provide utility grade or higher quality power to onsite lab instruments such as Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) systems that detect the presence of Corona Virus (COVID-19) in the blood sample by analyzing DNA. If power is lost or fluctuates during the analysis, the sample could be lost/damaged and/or the time consuming test would need to be restarted from the beginning potentially causing a dangerous delay in diagnosis.
Quest Diagnostics is receiving COVID-19 specimens and performing testing. Testing is available nationally.
|Turnaround time for COVID-19 testing is typically 4-5 days from the time of specimen pick-up but can vary due to high demand. Please contact your Quest representative to obtain the turnaround time at your specific laboratory location.|
To meet the growing demand of our healthcare providers and patients, Quest Diagnostics has been rapidly expanding testing capacity by adding:
· The Quest Diagnostics lab-developed test (LDT) to many of our other high-complexity laboratories including Chantilly, VA and Marlborough, MA. This test has been authorized by FDA under an EUA for use by authorized laboratories.
· A high-throughput, FDA-Emergency Use Authorized Roche Diagnostics test for COVID-19, which is now available.
· Customers are encouraged to order the Roche Diagnostics test (test code 39444) because it provides high-throughput automation, which will enable us to provide more testing capacity.
· For other respiratory specimens (eg, bronchial lavage/wash (BAL), nasopharyngeal aspirate/wash, tracheal aspirate, or sputum) the test code 39433 (LDT test) should be used.
· Both tests codes available can utilize the nasopharyngeal (preferred) and/or oropharyngeal specimen types.
· Quest Diagnostics Patient Service Centers and Quest in-office phlebotomists will NOT collect respiratory specimens, including those from patients suspected of having COVID-19.